Spirituality as fashion or lifestyle statement.
Are you a neo-hippie/faux-Buddhist? Want everyone to know how holy you are? Read on!
2. Tattoo of OM (“it means, you know…the light inside of me bows to the light inside of you.” [See comment at bottom])
3. Lululemon as everyday wear
4. Co-exist bumper sticker on hybrid SUV Lexus
5. walk around with PVC yoga mat
6. GT’s Kombucha.*
7. email signature includes “injoi” or “all one family”
8. frequent Burning Man references: “Oh, I shouldn’t go to Whole Foods after kirtan; gotta save up for Burning Man.”
9. Half-destroyed TOMS.
10. café accessory: Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle or, cunningest of all, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism book with unbent spine.
EC: Vision Boards; sage incense; Dr. Bronner’s; Prius; Essential Oils in lieu of deodorant, cologne, perfume; altar on dashboard or sacred stuff/ feathers/ dream catcher hanging from rearview mirror, Dalai Lama or Rumi or Hafiz or Buddha quote book on toilet; live in Boulder, Berkeley, Madison, Lincoln, Lawrence, Brooklyn, Santa Monica or Venice, Austin, Ashland, Asheville, Portland, Seattle, Eugene, Flagstaff; vacation in Belize, Costa Rica, India or Tibet; subscribe to elephantjournal.com
What’d I forget?
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,385 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares Why I Snort Raw Cacao. 9,514 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,028 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 12,188 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 7,941 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 153 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,245 shares The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,830 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 413 shares