Spirituality as fashion or lifestyle statement.
Are you a neo-hippie/faux-Buddhist? Want everyone to know how holy you are? Read on!
2. Tattoo of OM (“it means, you know…the light inside of me bows to the light inside of you.” [See comment at bottom])
3. Lululemon as everyday wear
4. Co-exist bumper sticker on hybrid SUV Lexus
5. walk around with PVC yoga mat
6. GT’s Kombucha.*
7. email signature includes “injoi” or “all one family”
8. frequent Burning Man references: “Oh, I shouldn’t go to Whole Foods after kirtan; gotta save up for Burning Man.”
9. Half-destroyed TOMS.
10. café accessory: Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle or, cunningest of all, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism book with unbent spine.
EC: Vision Boards; sage incense; Dr. Bronner’s; Prius; Essential Oils in lieu of deodorant, cologne, perfume; altar on dashboard or sacred stuff/ feathers/ dream catcher hanging from rearview mirror, Dalai Lama or Rumi or Hafiz or Buddha quote book on toilet; live in Boulder, Berkeley, Madison, Lincoln, Lawrence, Brooklyn, Santa Monica or Venice, Austin, Ashland, Asheville, Portland, Seattle, Eugene, Flagstaff; vacation in Belize, Costa Rica, India or Tibet; subscribe to elephantjournal.com
What’d I forget?
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 449 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 67,836 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 17,177 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,763 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,599 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,654 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,047 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,096 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 879 shares The True Story of a 5-year-old Colorado Cannabis Refugee. 345 shares