Photo by Joannawnuk
As I become more and more conscious of my health, what I ingest, what I put on my skin and anything else that goes onto or into my body, I feel the need to make changes. As my constitution is dominant Vata/Pitta, I often feel very impulsive and want to change everything at the same time. I am sure many of you see yourselves in this description as well. What I have learned though is that small changes done consistently are less overwhelming and feel much more accessible to do. Most importantly those small consistent changes are the ones that last a lifetime.
Here is a list of 5 things that you can add to or replace in your kitchen to feed your body and soul with more nutritious foods. Plus, it’s always nice to have a change once in a while ;).
1) Unrefined Sea Salt : Learn how unrefined sea salt balances out your system and brings wonderful health benefits. The water in our bodies is almost identical to the ocean water.
2) Agave nectar: A natural sweetener that is a great replacer for sugar!
3) Coconut oil/butter: YU-MMY! So much better that real butter, and so much healthier. You can cook your veggies in it, spread it on toast and its tastes wonderful.
4) Organic almond butter: This is a great replacer for the sort of Kraft peanut butter that we all ate as children or jam filled with sugar. It tastes wonderful, very nourishing and will fill you with energy. For something extra, spread on some fresh raspberries or blueberries to make a natural jam.
5) Tulsi Tea: This is my best find of the year. In the U.S it’s easier to find in grocery stores, but here in Canada you need to go to a health food store to snatch some. It is often known also as Holly Basil Tea. The benefits are immense, from detoxification, to an anti-inflammatory drink. It’s great for relaxation and to soothe anxiety. A must have in your home.
I hope this helps you discover some new delicious products for a healthier life. If you already have most of these products, make yourself a new list of 5 things that you can change or add to your kitchen and slowly but surely, your kitchen will become healthier and healthier. And please share, if you have some new ideas ;).
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 344 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 160 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 364 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 956 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 2 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,391 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 0 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 0 shares 5 Ways to Kiss & Make Up for your Mercury Retrograde Mishaps. 499 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,249 share