“Hi, I’m Sarah McLachlan, and I’m about to ruin your whole f*cking day.”

Via on Aug 9, 2011

The image ^ made me laugh, but I didn’t know exactly what it was about. So I found the video, referenced above…and it quickly made me sad and sadder and think about adopting another dog.

Please watch and share up, if so inspired:

YouTube Preview Image

About Waylon Lewis

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

15 Responses to ““Hi, I’m Sarah McLachlan, and I’m about to ruin your whole f*cking day.””

1. [...] Click here for elephant’s Best, Saddest Update of the Day: Videos, Images, Quotes, Links. [...]

2. laurie says:

this is hysterical. Everytime I see this ad I say (no joke), "Fucking Sarah Maclachlan. You are ruining my day."

3. ARCreated says:

I have worked with several rescues. I have seen how hard it is out there. god bless sarah for brining it to our attention…may she continue to ruin days until we make real change. for animals, children, the poor and sick for anyone that cannot speak for themselves.

4. kmh says:

I have fostered several dogs through bcspca and it is positive experience to see them placed in happy loving homes after abuse. love sarah for this. cynicism in this pic above is disturbing. don't let it "ruin your day" take action and make it a fabulous day for the animal you rescue and improve the lives of the people who adopt.

5. yogijulian says:

terrible ad – good cause, funny commentary.

• elephantjournal says:

I appreciated the ad, and the humor. I think both help bring this vital issue to the fore. ~ W.

6. [...] been supporting local ones, with time, money, and by adopting rather than buying pets. The ASPCA is another great choice if you don’t know of a reputable local [...]

7. [...] Millions of cats and dogs are killed each year in shelters. [...]

8. Ale says:

Far from ruin my day, I feel happy to see more and more people care about animals and their welfare, and to see famous people using their fame for something possitive Only stupid and empty people can laugh at someone who's giving her selfless support to help poor animals

9. [...] Vicious Kale Killers {PSA} His PSA is in reference to this. [...]

10. MIke says:

I was currently listening to SUM41- Thanks For Nothing, when I clicked the before mentioned video above. I prefer this version.

11. toddsnyder says:

Hi i would like to get sara's email address or phone num. she talks about animal abuse, well my poor puppy just died from a bath from hartz flea and tick shampoo, this is animal abuse from a large company. We have got to stop hartz now, my dog was having seizures and he went blind

• Amanda says:

I've heard about that happening to a cat. Luckily they spotted something wrong and washed and washed and washed him (poor little guy). He was pretty sick for a while, but he made it. I will NOT use that crap on my pets. A natural diet and brewer's yeast do wonders.

12. thatblonde says:

Bravo to her. She didn't turn away from a hard truth. I commend her, and those to do the good work.

13. PeteEck says:

Every time I hear this song, it stops me in my tracks, and sends a chill up my spine.