If you’re a dessert lover, you are not going to know what hit you when you try these.
These ain’t your typical peppermint patties. Oh no! I’m talking a healthy, vegan recipe with dark chocolate and peppermint essential oil.
You can’t beat that, right?
Who said dessert couldn’t be nutritious?
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon raw honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 drop peppermint essential oil
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Mix 1/4 cup coconut oil, vanilla, honey, salt and peppermint oil.
2. Line six mini muffin tins with papers and divide peppermint mixture among six cups. Freeze at least 10 minutes, or overnight if desired.
3. When you are ready to finish them up, melt the chocolate and another teaspoon of coconut oil over a double boiler on medium-low heat. You can also use a pot with water and just put the chocolate in another pot inside of that.
4. Allow the melted chocolate mixture to come to room temperature and spread a piece of wax paper or foil. Spoon a small amount of chocolate and set mint on top. Spoon more chocolate over the mint and repeat process until all of the mints are covered in chocolate. You may use a spoon to make sure the sides are all covered in chocolate and there are no bare spots.
5. Put the mints back in the fridge for a few minutes before eating. Store mints in the refrigerator or freezer.
Like elephant Food on Facebook
Ed: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. The Day I Stopped Running. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.