Ever have a craving for lemon?
Try these outstanding lemon bars using doTerra lemon essential oil in place of lemon extract. They’re absolutely delicious and will satisfy that fix for lemony goodness.
- >> 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
- >> 1 cup earth balance
- >> 1/2 cup stevia
- >> 4 large egg replacers
- >> 1 fresh squeezed lemon or 5 drops essential lemon oil
- >> 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- >> ½ teaspoon baking powder
- >> Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For crust, combine 2 cups flour, earth balance, and ½ cup stevia until slightly crumbly and somewhat moist. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13 glass plan with earth balance and press the mixture into pan.
- Bake crust for about 15-20 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and it’s springy.
- While crust is in the oven, combine the rest of the stevia, four egg replacers, lemon juice or lemon essential oil, lemon zest, the remainder of the flour, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- When crust is done, pour the topping over crust and return to oven for about 20 minutes. Filling should be set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let cool for about two hours and dust with more powdered sugar, if desired.
Ed: Brianna Bemel
Incorrect source, offensive, or found a typo? Or do you want to write for Elephant?
Hayley Hobson is an author, speaker, business coach, yogi, Pilates and holistic nutritional expert based in Boulder, CO. Hayley creates lifestyle transformations by coaching her clients to strengthen, nourish and evolve through the cycles and shifts in life. Combining cutting edge understanding in all three disciplines due to years of anatomical study and dietary theory, Hayley’s approach leverages their blended benefits and results. Her unique and intelligent style promotes strengthening while softening–empowering her client’s to heal not only their physical bodies, but their hearts and minds as well. Hayley studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, continues her studies with David Wolfe, raw food expert and is an essential oil expert in her own right. Her insights and articles can also be found on her blog, Mindbodygreen and Islaorganics. She has also been featured in Pilates Style magazine, Natural Health magazine and Triathlete Magazine. She has fun running and playing in the mountains with her husband, former world-ranked triathlete, Wes Hobson and their two beautiful daughters, Makenna and Madeline . To learn more about her nutritional courses, events she's hosting and custom programs go to hayleyhobson.com or follow her on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest.