Ever have a craving for lemon?
Try these outstanding lemon bars using doTerra lemon essential oil in place of lemon extract. They’re absolutely delicious and will satisfy that fix for lemony goodness.
- >> 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
- >> 1 cup earth balance
- >> 1/2 cup stevia
- >> 4 large egg replacers
- >> 1 fresh squeezed lemon or 5 drops essential lemon oil
- >> 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- >> ½ teaspoon baking powder
- >> Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For crust, combine 2 cups flour, earth balance, and ½ cup stevia until slightly crumbly and somewhat moist. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13 glass plan with earth balance and press the mixture into pan.
- Bake crust for about 15-20 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and it’s springy.
- While crust is in the oven, combine the rest of the stevia, four egg replacers, lemon juice or lemon essential oil, lemon zest, the remainder of the flour, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- When crust is done, pour the topping over crust and return to oven for about 20 minutes. Filling should be set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let cool for about two hours and dust with more powdered sugar, if desired.
Like elephant Food on Facebook.
Ed: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 455 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 70,336 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 17,502 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,826 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,679 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,674 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,060 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,110 shares 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 879 shares Nine Reasons to Love a Libra & One Secret they Keep. 1,320 share